Benefits - Change in Circumstances
If you are claiming Housing Benefit and/or Council Tax Reduction you must tell us about any changes which may affect your entitlement within a month of the change. If you delay in telling us of the change you may lose benefit if the change results in an increase, or you may be overpaid and we will recover the money from you.
Examples of changes you must tell us about
• If your income, or the income of anyone living with you changes
• If you or your partner stop or start getting any other benefit or tax credits
• If you or anyone living in your household start work
• If your savings go above £6000 (or over £10,000 for those of pensionable age)
• If any of your children leave school, further education or home
• If anyone moves into or out of your home, including boarders or subtenants
• If your rent changes (unless your landlord is the Vale of Aylesbury Housing Association - this will be automatically updated)
• If you are temporarily absent from your home
• If anything else you have told us about previously changes
These examples are not the full list. If you are unsure please tell us about the change.
If you are advising us of that you are moving home, please use this form
The type of evidence required is detailed below for the type of change being reported. We do not need to see the originals.
• Changes to income (not including tax credits and DWP benefits) - Please provide last five wage slips if paid weekly, last 3 fortnightly wage slips if paid fortnightly and last two months wage slips if paid monthly. If you do not have payslips please provide a letter from your employer confirming the amount payable, date of payments or when work started and frequency of payments. Complete the self employed form for changes to this type of income.
• Changes to savings - Please provide last two months itemised bank statements for all accounts. Or documentation detailing savings if savings are held in any other form, e.g bonds, ISA’s.
• Change in childcare costs paid to a registered provider - Please complete the child care costs form for any changes.
• Change in rent - New tenancy agreement or a letter from your landlord informing you of the change in rent or a copy of your rent statement.
The form will allow you to upload these documents to us.