Housing Benefit Claim Form
This on-line form can be used to claim Housing Benefit and / or apply for Council Tax Reduction.
Please remember if you or your partner, if applicable, are of working age and you do not live in accommodation where you receive care, support or supervision from your landlord you may have to claim Universal Credit to pay your rent. Delaying applying for Universal Credit if you meet the criteria of someone who needs to claim it can result in rent arrears. Please check our dedicated Universal Credit web page before making this claim if you are unsure or visit www.gov.uk/universal-credit.
To make a claim you will need the below information. Please make sure you have it to hand before you start the application
• National Insurance numbers for all household members over 16 years old
• Dates of birth for all members of your household
• Income details for all employed members of your household including name of employer, number of hours worked per week, amount of earnings and if payment is made weekly or monthly.
• Details of the total income received by your household. This includes any benefits you receive.
• Details of all savings or investments held by all household members
• Your Landlords name and address
• Your rent account number
• Your weekly or monthly rent
• The start date of your tenancy
• Your bank account details if you would like payments made directly to you
This on-line form should cover most personal circumstances in your household. If you find that there are not enough fields for you to input your information please use the 'Additional Information' page to supply additional details.
Data Protection and Information Sharing
The information requested on this form will be held on our computer system and used to assess your entitlement to Housing Benefit or Local Housing Allowance.
This authority is required by law to protect the public funds it administers. It may share information provided to it with other bodies responsible for auditing or administering public funds, in order to prevent and detect fraud.